Embracing well-being involves a personal commitment to physical, emotional, and spiritual balance and wellness. At the core of this life affirming action is the belief that we are worthy and deserving of being the best of who we are.
Most of us start on this journey because we are:
- Sick and tired of being sick and tired -- Experiencing multiple physical symptoms (tired/low energy, gaining weight, feeling irritable, sleep changes) that affect our quality of life.
- Surprised and scared -- Told we have a chronic medical condition (pre-diabetes/diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol) requiring a change in our lifestyle behaviors and use of medication(s).
- Overwhelmed by life circumstances -- Usual coping mechanisms no longer helping to keep our hidden feelings at bay causing us to lose sleep and/or feel irritable, angry, depressed or anxious.
- Seeking reassurance – Make sure there is no physical damage from our cumulative life choices and habits.
Often we look to healthcare providers for guidance and support, but may find our needs are unheard or unmet. This may be related to healthcare providers feeling overwhelmed by the increasing number of patients seen per day and/or a historical model of healthcare focused on providing reactive care within a timed visit. While this model of care is appropriate for minor acute illness and injury, it is lacking in evaluating multiple symptoms, assessing health risks, offering proactive preventive care, and providing support for chronic medical conditions.
Experience a Difference
Nurse Practitioner Wellness Alliance aspires to assist women along their journey towards wellbeing bridge this gap of one-size fits all healthcare in a unique and personalized manner. By genuinely investing time to listen and attend to what is important to each woman about her well-being, a therapeutic supportive partnership is fostered. In turn, promoting personal empowerment and positive lifestyle choices.
To offer this unique practice model, Nurse Practitioner Wellness Alliance does not serve as a primary care practice. Instead, our services augment those of your healthcare team (primary care and specialists) allowing you to benefit from the strengths each can offer along your journey.
Nurse Practitioner Wellness Alliance is a nurse practitioner owned and operated wellness practice serving women in Puyallup, Washington and surrounding communities since 2006. If you are outside of the practice area and interested in our approach to care, consultation and coaching services are available via telephone or secure e-mail.
Please contact us to discuss your needs.
Nurse Practitioner Wellness Alliance’s proactive approach to care is unique in today’s healthcare environment. We take time to listen and understand your needs, offer a therapeutic supportive alliance, respect who you are and where you are on your personal journey, and feel honored to have the opportunity to participate in your healthcare.
By choosing Nurse Practitioner Wellness Alliance, you can expect evidenced-based quality health and wellness services that are:
- Provided by an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) licensed in the state of Washington, nationally board-certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner, certified as a NAMS Menopause Practitioner, and trained as an Intrinsic Coach™ who participates in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Offered in a welcoming, safe, non-judgmental, and non-discriminatory environment.
- Designed to be affordable to include acceptance of most major insurance plans, availability of a prompt pay discount, and guidance on accessing available national and local programs and resources.
Cummings, MNSc, ARNP, FNP-BC
Family Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified
I began my career as a Registered Nurse,
in 1986, by proudly serving ten years as an officer in
the U.S. Air Force. While on active duty, I gained experience
in the areas of surgical, emergency, acute care, and medical
evacuation nursing. Since obtaining national board certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in 1998, I have provided
primary and women’s healthcare services while employed
at Madigan Army Medical Center, Good Samaritan Community
Healthcare, Planned Parenthood, and Dedicated Women’s
Health Specialists. Currently, I am employed part-time at Virginia Mason, in Federal Way, providing care in the Breast Clinic.
As I become more seasoned as a clinician,
I am striving to stay true to the essence of advanced nursing
practice—proactively promoting health and wellness
by fostering therapeutic patient relationships that address
the needs and concerns of the whole individual (physical,
emotional, and spiritual). I welcome you to review my professional
credentials listed below:
||Master of Nursing Science – Family
Nurse Practitioner Specialty
(University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
(University of South Florida)
||WA Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)
with prescriptive authority
WA Registered Nurse (RN)
American Nurses Credentialing Center – Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
North American Menopause Society – Certified Menopause Practitioner
Totally Coached® ~ Intrinsic Coach™ (trained)
||American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
National Association of Nurse Practitioner’s in Women’s Health
North American Menopause Society
Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association